Rapid symptom-free community Covid testing is being rolled out across West Norfolk to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
From 15 February lateral flow tests will be available in North West Norfolk for residents who don't have symptoms of Coronavirus.
Symptom-free Testing Locations for Next Week – 15/02/2021 to 19/02/2021
Kings Lynn: all site operating 10am to 4pm
- St James Swimming Pool - Town, South & West Lynn – Monday to Friday
- Oasis Leisure Centre - Hunstanton – Monday to Friday
- Fairstead Community Centre – Monday to Friday
For the week commencing 22 February 2021 the test areas and testing sites are as follows:
- Gaywood Chase, Old Gaywood and Gaywood North - Fairstead Community Centre
- North Lynn - St James Swimming Pool
- Oasis Leisure Centre - Hunstanton
- Symptom-free residents in these areas will be able to book a Covid 19 test online at: https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/rapidtesting
- Residents can also visit the sites during their testing hours without an appointment to request a test.
About the test
- Rapid-turnaround lateral flow tests provide results within 30 minutes and are used to proactively test those without symptoms. This helps to identify those who unknowingly have the virus and enable those who test positive and their contacts to self-isolate, which can help drive down the R rate locally and save lives.
- Social distancing and face masks are required at testing sites, except when taking the test. Anyone with symptoms should not use the symptom-free test and should instead book a test via the NHS.
- Tests on the site will be self-administered with trained staff from Norse observing to ensure that the correct process is followed. The results will be texted or emailed.
- Those who test positive should isolate immediately and work with national or local contact tracers to identify their close contacts. People no longer need a second test to confirm a positive test from a lateral flow test.
- A negative Covid test does not mean that someone does not have the virus and those who test negative should continue to follow all of the public health guidelines to protect themselves and others.
- Those who have been vaccinated are still eligible for lateral flow testing – this will not affect the results.
Commenting James said, "I very much welcome the three new rapid testing sites at Fairstead, St. James Swimming Pool, and also Alive Leisure in Hunstanton. A third of people who have Coronavirus don't have any symptoms so it could be spreading the virus in the community without knowing, by having a rapid test we can find more people who have the virus and break the trail of transmission. This builds on a successful pilot that's already been in Lynn and by having this in place we can hopefully help bring down the rate of Covid further in the County and in North West Norfolk as the vaccine programme continues to rollout."