A further package of business support measures has been announced by the government to support businesses during the second national lockdown.
King's Lynn & West Norfolk Borough Council are being provided with funding from Government to distribute Local Restrictions Support Grants and Additional Restrictions Grants.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
Businesses will need to apply online via the Borough Council's application form to confirm their eligibility and bank details. The Council will then pay a Local Restrictions Support Grant to qualifying businesses.
Eligible businesses will qualify for grants in respect of a premise that is both:
- subject to its own business rates assessment (whether the ratepayer is in receipt of rate reliefs/discounts or not), and
- where those same premises are required to close by law under the new National restrictions from 5 November
Pubs and restaurants not able to admit customers but which are offering takeaway, click and collect or delivery services will be treated as closed for the purposes of this grant and so will qualify.
The amount of grant payable is based on the property’s rateable value as shown in the Business Rates list on 31 October 2020. The grant is payable for the 28 day period of the national lockdown.
Rateable value range
- Less than or equal to £15,000 = grant value of £1,334
- Greater than £15,000 but less than £51,000 = grant value of £2,000
- Greater than or equal to £51,000 (there's no upper limit) = grant value of £3,000
You can apply for the LRSG online. To apply for the grant, you'll need:
- your business rates account number
- a business bank statement
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
King's Lynn & West Norfolk Brough Council will be using additional funding provided by Government to set up an Additional Restrictions Grant fund. It will provide further support to businesses over the coming weeks and months.
This funding gives them some scope to develop a local scheme to provide support to some of those businesses impacted by the new national restrictions that won’t qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grant, due to not being:
- legally required to close
You can register your interest in hearing more about this grant by completing a short online form.
For more information on any of the grants or to check your eligibility please visit: https://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/info/20148/business_rates_and_bid/819/b…
Business rates relief
Some of the business rate reliefs have been extended as follows:
Expanded Retail Discount
- The current retail discount has been expanded for 2020/2021 to include all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses.
- King's Lynn & West Norfolk Brough Council have updated the business rates accounts for all qualifying ratepayers and updated bills have been sent.
Day Nursery Discount
There is a new Day Nursery Discount for 2020/2021 for non-local authority Day Nurseries who are Ofsted registered.
King's Lynn & West Norfolk Brough Council have updated the business rates accounts for all qualifying ratepayers and revised bills have been sent.